Hire an Apprentice
A productive and effective way for any business to grow talent.
An apprenticeship is a job with an accompanying assessment and skills development programme. It is a way for individuals to earn while they learn, gaining valuable skills and knowledge in a specific job role. Hiring an apprentice - or upskilling your existing workforce through an apprenticeship - is a productive and effective way for any business to grow talent and develop a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce.ÌýÌý
As well as being available in traditional trades such as hairdressing, car mechanics, engineering and construction, apprenticeships are also available in professional sectors such as accountancy, business, management, IT and marketing. Apprentices can be new recruits or existing employees.
At ÐÇ¿Õ´«Ã½, we have years of experience in sourcing and placing the right apprentices with the right businesses - we currently have over 1,000 apprentices in situ with our local Levy and non-Levy business partners - and will provide you with support and guidance throughout the lifecycle of the process.Ìý
Find out more about how your business can benefit from an apprenticeship. Contact us today!
An apprenticeship is a job with an accompanying assessment and skills development programme. Apprenticeships enable individuals to earn while they learn, gaining valuable skills and knowledge in a specific job role.
- Itâ€™s a real job - staff are typically employed for at least 30 hours per week.
- They provide career opportunities in a diverse range of industries.
- They are available to individuals aged 16+, who spend at least 50% of their working hours in England and who are not in full-time education.Ìý
- They last between 1 and 4 years.
- Available from Level 2 (GCSE equiv.) to Level 7 (Master's degree equiv.).
- They include 6 hours per week off-the-job training. This includes regular day release, block release, special training days or workshops, and can cover practical training such as shadowing, mentoring, and industry visits. We work with you and the learner to decide the best plan.
- Perfect for new recruits or existing employees.
Apprenticeships are an effective route for any business to grow talent and develop a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce.Ìý Ìý
- Develops a loyal workforce with future-ready skills.
- Provides cost-effective hiring and training solutions.
- Improves job satisfaction and retention.
- Boosts productivity and motivation.
- Ensures up-to-date training.
- Finds the next generation of leaders.
- Trains new staff in company-specific skills, processes, technologies and cultures.
- Fills skill gaps, future-proofing your business.
- Opens up opportunities for government funding.
In order to offer an apprenticeship, you must:
- Provide a genuine job
- Offer an employment contract for the length of the apprenticeship
- Nominate a key contact or mentor for the learner
- Be commited to the development of the apprenticeÌý
- Meet the legal requirements of relevant legislation
- Pay an apprenticeâ€™s wages*
*As an employer, you will set the wage for your apprentice at the start of the apprenticeship. Find out more about .Ìý
ÐÇ¿Õ´«Ã½ is passionate about apprenticeships and we care about securing the future of our local and national workforce. Whether you have a candidate you wish to upskill, or want to recruit a new apprentice, we can help.
- Discuss your business needs and the specific role that needs filling.
- Help youâ€¯shape, create and deliver your apprenticeshipâ€¯programme.â€¯
- Guide you through the recruitment process, including the creation of a job description, and advertising on the National Apprentice Service site and the .
- Recruit, screen and shortlist the best talent for your role.
- Advise of any Government funding available to you, and advise you on how to apply.
- Help prepare you and your apprentices for final assessments.
- Support with your apprenticeship administration
The Apprenticeship Levy is a funding stream put in place to ensure all organisations have access to the training and apprenticeships they require.
The Apprenticeship Levy was designed to fund apprenticeships throughout England. All organisations with more than a Â£3 million annual pay bill are required to pay an additional 0.5% tax. This is held in a Digital Account to be spent with approved providers on apprenticeship training.
We offer apprenticeships from Level 2 (GCSE equivalent) right up to Level 7 (degree level) across a huge range of industries.
All apprenticeships include elements of 'on the job' and 'off the job' training, leading to industry recognised standards or qualifications.
Apprenticeships also require an assessment at the end of the programme to assess your ability and competence in the job role.
|Equivalent Educational Level
|5 GCSE passes at grade A*â€“ C or 9 â€“ 4
|2 A Level passes/Level 3 Diploma/ International Baccalaureate
|4, 5, 6 and 7
|Foundation degree and above
|6 and 7
|Bachelorâ€™s or masterâ€™s degree